Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Our Community of Practice - The Art of Practicing Questions: August 13 Invitation

Just a reminder that our Contemplative Dialogue Community of Practice will gather on Thursday, August 13th, at 6:30 p.m.  As always, we will gather in the sacred space above Trader Joe's in Hillcrest (1090 University Ave. Loft 202B).  We will begin promptly at 6:30 and conclude at 8:00.

Last month we focused on The Art of Asking Questions.  Annette presented material from Humble Inquiry: The Gentle Art of Asking Instead of Telling (Edgar H. Schein) and The Discomfort Zone: How Leaders Turn Difficult Conversations Into Breakthroughs (Marcia Reynolds).

Contemplative Dialogue allows us to enter the moment with curiosity:
  • What am I hearing that I don’t understand?
  • How can I ensure that I am fully present?
  • How do I encounter the Sacred Worth and Value of the other person, myself, and the dialogue that completes who we are?
From the National Gallery of Australia










 




To prepare for next week’s topic, “Our Community of Practice: The Art of Practicing Questions,” we invite you to practice using the following phrases:
  • “I wonder…” or “I am curious about…”
  • "I notice…”
  • “I assume…"
When using these opening phrases to begin your inquiry, observe the responses you receive - from the other person and within yourself.

We look forward to your stories, your insights and our Dialogue as we ”lean in, softly” together to encounter the Sacred Within.


Namaste,

Larry and Michael









P.S.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
  • Larry  (858) 926-9204
  • Michael (619) 250-6445

No comments:

Post a Comment